Wednesday 21 October 2009

fame can buy you anything, even a lingerie deal



I was browsing the Daily Mail website, looking for something to wind me up when I came across this article about Peaches Geldof and Dappy getting together via Twitter, the headline reading thus: "It girl turned lingerie model Peaches Geldof Twitters N-Dubz star Dappy to ask for a date". When THE FUCK did Peaches start modelling lingerie? Infact scratch that; why THE FUCK is Peaches modelling lingerie? It's but a small step for a young, pert, attractive IT girl to make the jump from the party scene to a lucrative modelling job, but this is Peaches Geldhof. The runt. The girl considered only marginally more attractive than Bob. On top of this these picture could have only been more obviously photoshopped if I had done them myself. With a crayon. In the dark.

I think this annoys me so much because Peaches is so unfit for purpose here, maybe she could have modelled some up and coming Indy street brand, something that fits better with her personality -what there is of it- but lingerie? For Debenhams? This is all piled on top of the fact that she is kinda out of shape. I by no means want a size 0 model or some silicone princess but maybe someone who looks good without the lighting rig and Adobe CS4. This once again highlights that if you are between 18 - 30 and have had your face in, at least, The London Lite then someone, however misguided, will pay you to get your kit off. We are a nation of perves, god bless us.

0 comments: