Wednesday 13 January 2010

it's gonna be a camp spring (in my house)



Fuck snow. I've been saying that since December but now you have fallen on yer arse and had a 3 hour commute to work you're all with me. More than that in retail world it's already Spring, hard to believe but SS10 has started already so it will soon be time to pack away your thermal socks and wool scarf that could clothe a sheep and start your new Spring look. Remember; fuck snow. This time of year I can get a wee bit blue because I love scarves and mourn their loss until October rolls in, luckily for SS10 I've come up with an awesome -and camp- solution: neckerchiefs!

Like scarves they go round your neck, unlike scarves they do not keep you warm. Unfortunately that's all I can find within myself to say about neckerchiefs other than I think they should be big in SS10- which, also unfortunately, doesn't mean that they will. I think there are some definite no-no's when it comes to neckercheifs: no ganja leaves, no national flags (unless it's painfully ironic), no Che Guevara, no Bob Marley and no camo.. infact there are a lot of bad neckerchiefs so maybe it's easier if I say what's good. Black, red, blue, white and green are good -but not all together- and subtle but repetitive patterns. Basically if you think a Cowboy or a Sailor would wear it then you've hit the sweet spot. Chicks have been owning these for a while now so there is plenty to select from, and don't be afraid to buy something intended for girls it's only weird if you buy their underwear.

If you're like me and not into jewellery then neckerchiefs are a top shit accessory because it will make you look like you have really thought about your outfit, when you haven't! There are loads of bandannas and neckerchiefs out in the Internets, vintage and new, I'm yet to find a good one stop shop so you'll just have to search for them, but surely that's half the fun. Oh and be prepared to look camp, because you will.

0 comments: