Sunday 9 August 2009

a return to solitary



Right I'm back, and with a vengeance. Having a year long hiatus to pursue other interests such as getting employed, moving cities, and using my spare time to write for brandish.tv I have returned to my very own blog. Reasons for a return to blogging solitary are 2 fold, firstly though I loved writing for brandish, spending time seeing how far I can stretch my posts away from menswear and fashion and keeping abreast of the latest ficalities of designers and brands it wasn't a good board to sound all my annoyances and observations on the world. Secondly and more importantly: brandish folded. I am now the blogging homeless.

Firstly can I just say a big thanks to IsabelleOC for giving me the opportunity to write for brandish and not calling me out for my lacking basic knowledge in fashion and the English language (I have no idea what an epaulette or a noun is). Secondly I'll take this opportunity to wish all the best to the Shiny Media team, hope you all land on your feet and don't spend too much time on the dole, scumbags.

My decision to restart this blog came before I heard that brandish had gone south, however the timing was spookily close. I came to this decision because I wanted another arena to spout something far more venomous than was appropriate for male fashion, also I need somewhere to practise my prose and verse if I am ever to get started on my novel (and I'm only half joking). At some point I will edit down my older posts, however right now I can't bring myself to read what I wrote in a haze of pre-employment desperation. I'll save that job for a particularly twisted hangover. Enjoy.

1 comments:

Isabelle said...

Haha, it was a pleasure to have you Jon. Your posts regularly had me LOLing into the next week.