Monday 21 September 2009

sliced bread for the Google generation




Though I am trying to avoid posting inane product based updates to my blog I really, really like this.

It's hard to find a good iPhone case, most of them take up too much space, look cheap or hinder access to your phone and because of this I've never bothered with one. Unfortunately as a result my iPhone is looking a little tatty now and I really need to get some kind of protection for it before it goes the same way as two of my previous iPods: the bin. The main problem I have with iPhone cases is that no matter how slimline they are they inevitably add weight and bulge to my pockets which are already overladen with my Ikea sponsored Oyster card sheath containing not only my Oyster card but my Driving License, work ID, Debit Card, Rail Card, a Tube map and a bottle opener- all of which I consider essential. The only way I would consider a case for my iPhone is if I could do away with my make-shift wallet, however this would render me effectively useless and thus this is as far as my train of thought on the matter would run. So it blew. my. mind. to see a 2-in-1 iPhone case and wallet; sliced bread for the Google generation.

The case-mate I.D. gives protection for your iPhone 3G/3GS while providing space for up to two of your most essential cards, while it won't be much use to someone who carries around the equivalent of a small bible in their pocket, for someone like myself who likes to travel minimal this is a godsend. Coming in an array of (obnoxious) colours and being made and tested (to make sure it doesn't de-magnetise your AMEX) to case-mate's high end standard of quality this is the only iPhone case I would ever consider purchasing. Available from case-mate.com

0 comments: